Horse Council BC Club Members are equestrian groups defined as non-profit organizations operating on a local or regional basis or to promote a similar interest or breed. Clubs are not eligible for a seat on Horse Council BC’s Board of Directors.
Club membership is a privilege not a right and organizations or groups not meeting the criteria may not be given membership.
All clubs applying for membership will be required to submit a copy of their current society filing along with their Society number. Clubs who currently hold membership or have within the past three years will be grandfathered for as long as they maintain HCBC membership.
Continued membership and access to grants and program funding is dependent on activity reports. Each Club will be required to report the following on a yearly basis:
- Number of members (male, female, junior and senior)
- Number and brief description of club activities
- Number of participants at each activity
- Club report form is available online or with club renewal
Clubs are encouraged to use HCBC programs including BC Heritage and General Performance rules and competition permitting.
COST & CONDITIONS
A Club Membership is $78.40/year (including HST) and is non-refundable. The Membership will expire December 31st of each year and does NOT include insurance.
HOW TO APPLY
Benefits of a club membership are:
- Collect HCBC membership applications and fees at your event.
- Apply for Zone and Core funding
- Participate in the Group Commercial Insurance Program through Capri Insurance
- Advertise club activities such as fundraiser's, educational events, clinics and Sanctioned Competitions on the HCBC website
- Apply to receive HCBC Promo Packs
- List your organization in the HCBC Industry Guide
- Promote your club and events on the HCBC Online Forums
Promo Packs are available FREE for Club and Affiliate members to promote their not-for-profit events - while quantities last. Promo Packs include various Horse Council BC retail items. Affiliate and club members are welcome to 2 promo packs per year. Visit the Promo Pack page for more information.