INDIVIDUAL & FAMILY MEMBERSHIP
Individual membership is for juniors (under 18 years) and seniors (18+ years as of January 1).
Family membership is for parents or guardians and their junior children residing at the same address. Each family member will receive their own membership card. Membership expires December 31st of each year. Family Membership will only be available to be purchased at the time of sign up or renewal. No conversions from Individual Junior or Senior Memberships to Family Memberships will be permitted. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Horse Council BC Membership is non-refundable.
2013 MEMBERSHIP COSTS (including HST)
- Junior - $43.12
- Senior - $55.44
- Family - $135.52
Conditions: Membership is non-refundable. This membership expires December 31, 2013 and provides $5m personal liability insurance. 2013 HCBC Membership includes membership and associated privileges in Equine Canada. Please note: This is NOT your Equine Canada Sports License, this must be purchased separately through Equine Canada. www.equinecanada.ca.
JOIN HORSE TRIALS BC(HTBC) AND/OR EQUESTRIAN VAULTING BC (EVABC) WITH YOUR HORSE COUNCIL BC MEMBERSHIP!
When individuals join Horse Council BC online, you can now also join Horse Trials BC and/or Equestrian Vaulting BC (EVABC) at the same time (HTBC not available for family memberships). Your Horse Council membership card will show you as being a member of of these organizations as well.
You can also add these organization memberships online after you have already purchased your HCBC membership. Simply log onto your account online, tick the checkbox for one or more of the organizations on the Membership Type Page, and follow the Membership Walk Through System. You will not receive an HCBC card in the mail, but can print one yourself showing you as a current organization member.
WEEKLY ACCIDENT INDEMNITY INSURANCE (WAI)
Capri Insurance now offers Weekly Accident Indemnity Insurance (WAI) that is both affordable and comprehensive. You can now access Weekly Accident Indemnity (WAI) insurance that is affordable and comprehensive. Capri has developed an exclusive insurance policy that provides income replacement in the event you are unable to work due to an accident. Coverage is in force 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week and includes (but is not limited to), injuries arising from an equine related incident. The policy will provide up to $500.00 / week in income replacement for up to 26 weeks. (Some restrictions apply)
To qualify for this special program and be eligible for benefits, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be a member in good standing of your provincial equine association;
- Be employed full time (minimum of 25 hours a week with a single employer); and
- Be under the age of 70 years old; and
- Filed an income tax return to Canada Revenue Agency in the most recent year.
The combined benefit from this policy and all other benefits available to you (WCB/WSIB/CPP/ Employer Group Programs, etc.) cannot exceed 75% of reported gross income to Canadian Revenue Agency in the most recent taxation year. To begin coverage or if you have any questions contact www.capri.ca and ask for the Equine Department.
Benefits of an individual or family membership are:
- $5,000,000 Liability Insurance
- $30,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance (note: does not include fracture and dental coverage in 2013.)
- Transportation Insurance for Non-Owned Horses
- Enhanced / Incidental / Emergency liability for the care custody of non-owned horses (note: New for 2013)
- Access to scholarships for youth, towards education and athlete development
- HCBC is a source of education; we offer Rider, Instructor, Coaching and Competition Official certification programs as well as providing general education workshops and seminars
- Members can shop and save with our Premium Business Members who offer a discount to all HCBC members!
- Receive our member magazine, "BC's Equine Lifestyle"
- Access to HCBC's Lending Library
- Special Horse Council BC rates on subscriptions to:
- Pacific & Prairie Horse Journal
- Saddle Up Magazine
- Western Horse Review
- Horse Canada Magazine
- Canadian Thoroughbred
- Horse Sport Magazine
- Optional Add On Insurance also available including:
- Members' Tack Insurance
- Additional Accident, Death & Dismemberment
- Members Named Perils
- Travel Insurance
- Enhanced Personal Liability
HCBC provides access to programs designed for recreational and competitive riders and drivers:
- Ride and Drive is an incentive Program offered to members for recreational riders/drivers to earn rewards.
- High school Achievement Recognition Program
- High school Credits Program
- Run, Jump, Ride! Activity Program that is designed to teach younger kids the motor skills necessary for riding a horse.
- P’Tit Trot – Kids learn to ride programs in both English and Western
- Learn To Ride Programs – English and Western Rider Levels
Please click on links below for more information: