New or renewing members can join Horse Council of BC one of these ways:
- Online by going to http://www.hcbc.ca/members-login.html? and signing up with a credit card.
- Printing off an application from the website at www.hcbc.ca and mailing it in with a cheque.
- Calling the office at 1-800-345-8055 during business hours and joining over the phone.
- Visiting the Aldergrove office in person.
Horse Council of BC Membership is valid for a calendar year, so is good from January 1st until December 31st.This is regardless of when in the year the membership is purchased, so if the membership is purchased in March of the calendar year, it is still only valid until the December of that same year.Exceptions are for business memberships which are good for 12 months from date of purchase.Unfortunately HCBC is unable to pro-rate memberships.
Only if you have guardianship of those Juniors in your family.Family memberships consists of a minimum of 3 people, which is defined as parent(s) or guardian(s), and their Junior (17 and under) children residing at the same address, with a maximum of 2 Seniors per family (18 and older).Exceptions are foster children in your care, who are eligible to be included in a family membership.
No, family memberships must be purchased at the time of sign up or renewal.Our database configuration does not allow these kind of changes after initial membership purchase.We apologize for any inconvenience.
A junior member is any member aged 17 and under as of January 1st of that year. A senior member is any member aged 18 and older as of January of that year.
Benefits of an individual or family membership include:
- $5,000,000 Liability Insurance
- $30,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance ( for 2013 does not include dental & fractures)
- Transportation Insurance for Non-Owned Horses
- Enhanced / Incidental / Emergency liability for the care custody of non-owned horses (NEW for 2013)
- Discounts through the HCBC Affinity Program
- Special Horse Council BC rates on subscriptions to:
- Pacific & Prairie Horse Journal
- Saddle Up Magazine
- Western Horse Review
- Horse Canada
- Horse Sport
- Canadian Thoroughbred
- Optional Add On Insurance also available including:
- Members' Tack Insurance
- Additional Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Members Named Perils
- Travel Insurance
- Enhanced Personal Liability
“Senior Member” is an insurance term that we use to describe any member 18 years of age and older.