WHAT IS HORSE COUNCIL BC?
Horse Council BC is a membership-driven not-for-profit association representing the interests of the equine industry in all sectors throughout British Columbia. Tradition, strong values and superior hard work provided by our volunteers has made Horse Council BC the largest and most successful multi-discipline, multi-breed equine association in Canada.
Horse Council BC continues to grow each year with membership reaching over 24,000 in 2016. Horse Council BC actively represents the equine industry in agriculture, industry, sport, and recreation through education, grant funding, club support, government advocating, liability insurance, and participant programs.
HCBC AT A GLANCE
- Increase engagement with board, staff and partners
- Create more effective ways to increase member and non-member communications and engagement
- Renew education programs to increase our value as an equine information hub
- Ensure a strong provincial grass roots competition system
- Advocate for equine lifestyle and right to ride
- Take inventory of all programs and review 25% each year
- Phasing out programming that doesn’t align with our current strategic plan, priorities or sustainability needs
- Inspire and facilitate collective action to address common equine interests
- Develop intentional succession planning
- Develop a process to organize committees to maximize engagement and impact
- Review resources to support zone directors
We will continue to…
- Continue to promote and support high performance sport within BC
- Focus on promoting equine welfare through human partners
- Connect and strengthen equine community
- Continue to improve sound management for financial sustainability and organizational health