BC EQUESTRIAN TRAILS FUND
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2017 BCETF GRANT RECIPIENTS!
Read all about their exciting projects!
ABOUT THE FUND
The BC Equestrian Trails Fund was established to provide support for HCBC member clubs and affiliates who have researched and planned a specific project related to the construction and/or maintenance of an equestrian trail, trailhead, or horse camping site in British Columbia for public use. The fund for 2017 totaled more than $30,000, allocated by the Horse Council BC board of directors, and increased annually by individual and corporate contributions.
The BCETF money should be used as “seed funding” to obtain additional funding from other granting agencies. A review committee appointed by HCBC will receive, review, and approve specific funding proposals. Submission deadline is April 15, 2018.
The 2018 BCETF application period will be open from January 1, 2018 to April 15, 2018.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Grants will be given to:
- Horse Council BC member clubs or affiliates that have been members in good standing of Horse Council BC for a minimum of 12 months and whose members are Horse Council BC members
- Committees of Horse Council BC whose projects meet the required criteria
Eligible projects for funding would include:
- New trail construction
- Trail upgrade/improvement
- Bridge and water crossing construction, upgrades or rehabilitation
- Trail surveying and tracking
- Trail rehabilitation
- Horse camp facilities such as corrals, high lines, toilets, fire rings, signage, stock watering facilities, etc.
- Trailhead modifications to accommodate horses and horse trailers
FORMS & APPLICATIONS
Deadline for submissions is April 15th of each application year.
2018 BCETF Application Forms:
Application, Budget Worksheet, & Checklist – Fillable PDF
Application, Budget Worksheet, Checklist, & Guide – Printable PDF
Budget Worksheet – Auto-Calculating Excel Spreadsheet
If you are unable to download any of the forms or would like them in a format that is not available through this site please contact [email protected] to request them via email.
BE A BC EQUESTRIAN TRAILS BUILDER!
Just a few dollars from each Horse Council BC member each year can make a huge difference in building and improving BC’s equestrian trails. If you like to explore new trails, or plan to in the future, help make BC the best place on earth to ride by making a donation to the BC Equestrian Trails Fund.
Grants will be made available to HCBC member clubs to assist them in building and improving trails and horse-camping sites. For a generous individual donation of $50 or more, you will receive a Leave No Trace Canada handy reference card and for $100 or more you will receive a 32-page Leave No Trace Horse Use Skills & Ethics booklet.
Download a BC Equestrian Trails donation form or log on to make a donation online.
OTHER POTENTIAL SOURCES OF FUNDING
Do you need funding for a project? Check out a list of potential sources of funding. Because information changes quickly, some links may become out of date.
The original list of links comes from Terje Vold’s article entitled National Trails Coalition 2009 – 2010 Trail Program – BC Accomplishments which was published in the Spring/Summer 2010 issue of The Outdoor Recreation Report. To obtain a copy of the article please contact the Outdoor Recreation Council at [email protected]
WHERE THE DOLLARS WENT IN 2017…
- Back Country Horsemen of BC, Central Vancouver Island Chapter, for improvements and trailer parking at Spruston Road Recreation Site
- Back Country Horsemen of BC, North Cariboo, for an information kiosk at the head of the historic Collins Overland Telegraph Trail
- Haney Horsemen Association, for repairs and improvements to the equestrian campsites and pens at Allco Park in Maple Ridge
- Back Country Horsemen of BC, Yarrow Chapter, for their Canada 150 Legacy Project work on the historic Dewdney Trail