Ottawa, ON, Sept. 5, 2019 – Don’t miss out on the opportunity to participate in the fifth leg of the 2019 Para-Dressage Video Competition Series. The deadline for submission is coming up quickly on October 15, 2019.
The Series features an online portal that allows athletes to upload video entries for online review and evaluation from an EC certified para-dressage judge. The portal features the ability to pause, rewind and play the submitted video while simultaneously reviewing the judge’s remarks. This resource provides a great opportunity for riders to implement a judge’s feedback and develop their skills in a competition environment.
New for 2019, all competitors must hold a current EC Sport Licence for the Bronze level or higher to enter the Series. This can be renewed or purchased online through MyEC. In order to renew your EC Sport Licence, you must first renew with your Provincial/Territorial Sport Organization (PTSO). In some cases, it may take a few business days for your PTSO to process your renewal before your EC renewal can be completed.
Please note: the Series filming guidelines provide tips and tricks that ensure that all test movements are captured appropriately, allowing for accurate video evaluation by the Series judges. If the guidelines are not followed, your video may not be accepted for evaluation.
Important Details to Note:
- All riders with physical and/or intellectual impairments are welcome to compete in the Series. Classes are available for both classified and unclassified riders.
- Gold level para-dressage classes are open to classified riders who have experience competing in EC Gold level competitions.
- International para-equestrian dressage classes are open to international classified riders. Classified riders must compete within their grade.
- The para-dressage tests are available at www.equestrian.ca/sport/para-dressage/tests.
- Please read the video competition rules and entry instructions carefully before submitting your entry, as this document contains important information.
- For example, only videos uploaded through YouTube will be permitted. No other formats are accepted.
- Please read the Series filming guidelines to make sure that your video is clear enough for evaluation. Videos that do not follow the filming guidelines may not be accepted, requiring you to reshoot the video and resubmit for the following Series leg.
- Entries for each competition close at 11:59 p.m. ET. Please ensure that you create your video with sufficient time for submission, as all closing dates and times are final and cannot be extended.
- If your video is not accepted by the deadline, you will need to wait until the next leg of the Series to resubmit your video.
- Athletes must be current EC Sport Licence Holders at the Bronze level or higher to participate. Visit MyEC to renew or purchase online.
To download class information and to enter online, please visit www.equestrian.ca/sport/para-dressage/programs.
To participate in the fifth leg of the 2019 Para-Dressage Video Competition Series, be sure to submit your entry by October 15, 2019.
The remaining 2019 competition entry deadline is as follows:
- Nov. 15, 2019
About the Para-Dressage Video Competition Series
The Para-Dressage Video Competition Series provides riders of all levels and abilities with the opportunity to compete in a progressive and structured environment. Participants are judged by EC certified para-dressage judges against similar riders across Canada, and are eligible to place and win great prizes.
Video competitions encourage riders to develop effective riding skills, and are a fantastic way to ensure that all riders nationwide have the chance to compete. Competition is an integral part of athlete development, and offers a sense of empowerment and accomplishment to all those that participate.
For additional information, please contact:
1-866-282-8395 x 146