CALL FOR NOMINATIONS – Regional Directors & Directors at Large
Horse Council BC (HCBC), in accordance with the organization’s by-laws, is seeking candidates for one position for each of 6 HCBC Regions each for two year terms. As well as seeking candidates for two positions of Directors at Large each for two year terms.
Nominations and elections for regional directors are being held for: the East Kootenays, Thompson Shuswap, Peace River, Vancouver Island North, Vancouver Sunshine Coast and Fraser Valley East Regions electing representatives for a two year term. Click here to view the Regional Map.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Nominations close at 4:00 PM, Wednesday, October 23rd, 2019.
Prospective candidates interesting in serving on the Board of Directors are encouraged to review the Roles & Responsibilities, eligibility information, timelines, instructions and submit a completed the Nomination Form by the deadline.
Ideal candidates include dedicated individuals with the dynamic and relevant skills to take on a leadership role in the governance of the organization. Directors will have the opportunity to help HCBC effectively deliver on the mission, and vision of the organization.
All Directors represent and are accountable to the membership and are responsible for governing and overseeing the strategic direction of Horse Council BC. The effectiveness of HCBC is directly dependent on the leadership and enthusiasm of the Board of Directors.
Horse Council BC, urges you to consider the following desirable qualities, some or all of which strong candidates should possess:
• Awareness and understanding of the role of HCBC and a desire to support it.
• Awareness and involvement in the horse community in British Columbia.
• Previous leadership or board experience.
• Understanding of the Director’s position and responsibilities.
• Understanding management reports, and risk management.
• Ability to read and understand financial statements
• Well-developed faculty for critical analysis.
• High ethical standards and integrity in professional and personal dealings.
• Ability to work as a team member.
• Ability to chair and/or commit time to committees, workshops and events
In addition, nominees must be HCBC members in good standing as of the date of record and must be supported by two HCBC members in good standing.
If you have any questions about the process and/or associated information, please contact the HCBC office at (1-800-345-8055 ext. 1008) or email: [email protected].
Director at Large Nomination Package (v2020-Final)Fillable
Regional Director Nomination Package (v2020-Final) Fillable