WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO SANCTION A COMPETITION?
The fundamental reason for sanctioning a competition is to ensure that someone other than the show organizer is responsible for overseeing the risk management of the competition, and to ensure a fair playing field is consistently maintained for all exhibitors who participate in equestrian sport events.
Equestrian Canada (EC) sanctioned competitions are national competitions governed by Equestrian Canada discipline rules. EC licensed officials, judges, course designers, technical delegates, and stewards are required to officiate at EC national competitions . Equestrian Canada competition documents and more information can be found on the Equestrian Canada website at https://www.equestrian.ca/
EC Bronze and Silver Competitions held in B.C are administered directly by Horse Council BC with all application forms and documents submitted directly to Horse Council BC via the SANCTION A BC EVENT process steps listed below.
Horse Council BC recognized provincial sanctioned competitions are for entry level competitions and administered directly by Horse Council BC. HCBC sanctioned competitions are governed by current Horse Council BC Rule Book which can be found at the following link: Horse Council BC – Competition Documents. Horse Council BC licensed officials are required. To search for a provincial licensed officials and contact information click here to search OFFICIALS DIRECTORY
HOW DO YOU SANCTION A COMPETITION?
Determine the level of competition which best suits your location and competitors either an HCBC provincial competition or EC national Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum competition.
Competition organizers are required to submit competition applications online, upload Certificate of Insurance, draft Prize list, Entry forms and waiver. For Equestrian Canada Bronze or Silver sanctioned events a Prize List Approval Form must also be completed by the EC Steward and uploaded during the online application process.
Competition Organizers Login to your HCBC account to complete competition application using the online competition administration portal.
Click on green button To Sanction Your Competition
- Click Sanction Your Competition and Login to your HCBC Member account with your email address and password
- You may also reset your password at this time if required click on reset password on Login page
- Once you have successfully Logged in you will be redirected to the Online Competition Application
- Enter the competition details following the steps outlined saving each page as completed. You can return to the application at any time to continue completing all the required pages. Login to your account and click on your account cart to resume process.
- Complete the required information, upload your competition documents and you will come to final payment page of process
- Click on Submit Application to pay permit fees with credit card. A transaction receipt will be emailed directly to your account email address. You may also leave the application in your membership cart if paying with a cheque by mail.
- Your event application will remain in your members account cart until all steps of online administration process and payment of fees are received. Once you have completed your application process and payment of fees, your competition will listed on the HCBC Competition Calendar. Your application will be reviewed for approval when completed and the appropriate Certificate of Sanctioning will be emailed to you with any post competition documents on Admin approval.
You will be required to upload the following documents via the Online Competition Administration portal
(Download form templates – click on links below)
- Certificate of Insurance: Certificate of Insurance (Endorsed by your Insurance Broker 30 days prior to application)
- Prize list/ Entry Forms/ Waiver (are required prior to publish and 30 days prior to competition date in Word or PDF documents)
- Equestrian Canada Bronze or Silver sanctioned competitions are required to also upload the Prize List & Entry Form Approval
- Prize List & Entry Form Approval must be completed by the competition Steward and uploaded online with other related documents.
- Competitions are posted on the Horse Council BC Competitions Calendar upon administrative approval.
- 2020 Competition ID Report may also be completed through the online Competition Administration portal following the event.
To sanction the following competitions contact EC Competitions Department email: [email protected] All Horse Trials (Except: EC Bronze horse trials
All Platinum or Gold competitions or multiple levels of EC Bronze, Silver, Gold competitions must be submitted to EC
Equestrian Canada national competition documents can be found at: Equestrian Canada Competition Documents