Members of an Affiliate organization are also members of Horse Council BC. Such members are represented on the Horse Council Board of Directors by both their designated Affiliate Director and by the HCBC Regional Director for the area in which they reside.
CRITERIA FOR MEMBERSHIP
Organizations applying for Affiliate Membership with Horse Council BC will meet all of the following:
- To apply for Affiliate status an organization must be a British Columbia equestrian or equine association or a provincial branch of a national equestrian or equine association, be a non-profit or charity and hold legal constitution filed with BC Registry of Companies or Corporations Canada; and
- A minimum 75 individual members who are HCBC members, whom reside in 50% of the Regions.*
Submit an annual application to Horse Council on the applicable forms by the end of January each year.
The application will include:
- A completed Affiliate application membership form; and
- A verified count ** of Affiliate/HCBC members per region for the current or prior year: and
- minutes recording the election of the designate; and
- payment of the Affiliate Membership fee as set by the Board of Directors from time to time.
** This information will be used to verify eligibility criteria
Chapters, branches which are legally a part of the Affiliate organization (operating under the Affiliate’s board of directors and Bylaws and Constitution) will receive branch status as part of the Affiliate membership fee.
Affiliate centres or clubs that are separate legal entities will have to purchase Club Membership to belong to Horse Council BC.
All Affiliate membership applications will be reviewed on an annual basis by the HCBC Executive Committee prior to their acceptance. The HCBC Executive reserves the right to use their discretion when reviewing the acceptance of each application. Each Affiliate application will be reviewed on a case by case basis with consideration for:
- if the organization meets the criteria set out; and
- two similar entities making application
- an exception may be made to allow an organization to be accepted as an Affiliate if they fail to meet the requirement of have 75 individual members who are HCBC members in 50% of the Regions if they meet all other criteria and they represent a substantial sector of the BC equine activity that is not otherwise represented at the HCBC Board of Directors.
* 50% of Regions – with 12 Regions, this means a minimum three individuals residing in a minimum of six (6) Regions.
** This information will be used to verify eligibility criteria.
COST & CONDITIONS
An Affiliate Membership costs $215.00 (including tax) and is non-refundable. This Membership expires December 31 and does NOT include insurance.
NOMINATION & DESIGNATION OF AFFILIATE DIRECTORS TO THE HCBC BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Affiliates may submit an application for Affiliate membership throughout the year, however in order for an Affiliate to have a Director position on the HCBC Board of Directors (an Affiliate designate) such completed application must be received by HCBC prior to January 31.
Full Procedure and Criteria can be viewed here:
Affiliate Director Nomination and Designation Procedure
2019 Affiliate Director Package Fillable Form
Benefits of an Affiliate membership include the following:
HOW TO APPLY
2020 Applications Coming Soon
No online renewal at this time